You’ve waited 18 long months for this moment! Here we go, starting Sunday, September 12th at 10:30 a.m., and continuing every Sunday after. Here’s the plan:
- We will be posting signs outside telling people a) to not enter if they have a fever, other symptoms or are not feeling well, b) that everyone who enters, enters at their own risk, and c) that everyone is required to wear a mask.
- We will have every other pew taped off to assist with physical distancing. We ask that you to sit staggered from families other than your own.
- We have plenty of hand sanitizer, masks and other supplies on hand and will have them out and ready to use.
- We will also continue to distribute Communion using the prepackaged wafer/juice packets, eating/drinking while remaining seated in the pews.
- Our wonderful Property Committee has already obtained high efficiency air filters for our fan system that are specifically recommended for air filtering large, occupied spaces. We will run that fan during worship and also plan to open all windows and doors.
- Coffee hour will be put on hold for the time being and we will re-evaluate at a later date.
- Several parents with children under the age of 5, which is the age we offer nursery service, have told us they will most likely not use the nursery. Therefore, we will not be opening up the nursery on Sunday mornings until we hear that parents are comfortable using it.
- At this time, we do not feel there will be a need for reservations or signing in to aid in contact tracing.
- We are currently looking into ways that we can record or live-stream the service for people who are unable or not yet comfortable returning to in-person worship.